I dedicate these words to the 36 colored pencils sitting by my bed at midnight that inspired me to write about this encounter.
to my future lover, companion and friend:
you will mean no less than all this to me.
I've been looking for a friend
For a safe place to land.
I've been coming through
Through all that's good and true
For you.
And I wish I could've known
Just how you would walk into my life
I wish I knew
Who you are and where we meet.
Because baby, I've had enough of no's and don'ts
Of bad and pretend.
But you are the prettiest thing
The nicest thing
The one I hope to be.
So come to me and rearrange me
Meet me with my big dreams and dream them on.
Help me grow and lift me up
Be the one that will prove them all wrong,
That love does exist and it so does for you and me.
There I was
Living life to its fullest,
Going everywhere
Taking all the roads to the unknown.
Sunsets and romantic songs
Brought happiness and completeness that now belong
To you and you alone.
In your hands they now have landed
The world as I knew has come and gone
But you stand
Oh, you stand
As proof that sometimes we need to wander a bit
And search and hope and feel
That everything I dreamed
Was right there to set me free.
And though these words try to make sense
At your feet they do no justice,
For the reason is you
And you have always been
The very true reason
For me.

Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário